Uranium Glass Display/Collectable Piece with Trefoil Motif
A Uranium glass display piece with Trefoil Motif
We like nothing better than to be in our little workshop creating things like this collectable display piece which could be used as an ideal way to represent Uranium if you are building a periodic table of elements collection. We especially like using Uranium glass (also known as Vaseline or Pearline glass) because it’s so unusual and beautiful. We made this piece from raw stock Uranium glass which we source from the Czech Republic; we cut and kiln-fire the pieces and this one has a Trefoil motif with bubbles created using copper oxide..
- A more detailed description of Uranium Glass
- Our hand-crafted Uranium glass display pieces are individual and one-of-a-kind; no two are the same.
- Uranium glass does not glow in the dark on its own but it exhibits a beautiful yellow green fluorescence under UV light (black-light). This photo-chemical phenomenon produces a somewhat eerie, ethereal glow which we find fascinating.
- Our glass pieces are carefully hand-crafted items which may contain a number of lines, marks or surface features, they are an intentional result of the manufacturing process and are by design.
- Size: The piece is not a perfectly regular shape but it is approximately 61mm x 46mm across widest points
- Weight: Approximately 35g
- Our Uranium Glass display and collectable pieces are not toys and are NOT suitable for children
- This item is made from glass and therefore very fragile.
- Any UV light sources shown in the photographs are not included, they are just used to demonstrate the fluorescence of the Uranium glass.