Uranium Glass Bead & Beach Pottery Accessory
This is a beautiful handcrafted Uranium glass bead & beach pottery accessory, made with Copper wire and Silver soldered joints.
We like nothing better than to be in our little workshop creating things like this lovely Uranium glass bead & beach pottery accessory which could be used as a keyring, a bag charm or anything else you can think of. We especially like using Uranium glass (also known as Vaseline or Pearline glass) because it’s so unusual and beautiful. Using Uranium glass sourced in the Czech Republic, we make the Uranium glass beads individually using bead-winding and flame-working techniques. Each bead is unique with different patterns of smoky swirls and bubbles. This beach pottery that we found has a delicate blue pattern, it may have spent many years being worn by the tides and now adds a beautiful aesthetic to the piece.
After hand wrapping with Copper wire and using Silver solder for the joints to add strength, the surface of the Copper has been patinated imparting that beautiful aged and weathered look that Copper can show, but which can take many years to form in nature. This process has given the Copper a real patina, it is not an artificial colourant/pigment. The Copper we use is not coated and overtime the patina will change, this beautiful property of Copper means that your piece will take on individual characteristics, telling its own story of how it has been used.
- Our hand-crafted Nature Worn accessories are individual and one-of-a-kind; no two are the same.
- Our beach pottery pieces are naturally worn by the sand and sea, they are genuine pieces of nature worn pottery that have varying degrees of weathering; some are extremely worn, others not so worn, some may be old and some not so old, but they are all collected by us on walks around our local beaches and quaysides in Cornwall.
- Our glass pieces and beads are carefully hand-crafted items they may contain a number of lines, marks or surface features, they are an intentional result of the manufacturing process and are by design.
- Uranium glass does not glow in the dark on its own but it exhibits a beautiful yellow green fluorescence under UV light (black-light). This photo-chemical phenomenon produces a somewhat eerie, ethereal glow which we find fascinating.
- Size: Approximately 95mm x 25mm across widest points
- Weight: Approximately 16g
- Our hand crafted accessories are not toys and are NOT suitable for children
- This accessory may be fragile so we recommend careful use.