Uranium Glass Accessory
This is a beautiful handcrafted Uranium glass accessory, made with Nickel plated textured Copper wire.
We like nothing better than to be in our little workshop creating things like this lovely Uranium glass accessory which could be used as a keyring, a bag charm or anything else you can think of. We especially like using Uranium glass (also known as Vaseline or Pearline glass) because it’s so unusual and beautiful. We made this piece from raw stock Uranium glass sourced in the Czech Republic; we cut and kiln-fire the pieces, in this case using a layering technique, and the bubbles were created using Copper oxide. We hand wrapped the glass with Copper wire using Silver soldered joints to add strength and aesthetics.
We used a combination of techniques such as patinating and Nickel and Copper plating on the Copper wire to create our desired effect (Nickel imparts a durable, shiny finish). The Copper is not varnished and overtime the patina will change, this beautiful property of Copper means that your piece will take on individual characteristics, telling its own story of how it has been used.
- A more detailed description of Uranium Glass
- Our hand-crafted Uranium glass accessories are individual and one-of-a-kind; no two are the same.
- Uranium glass does not glow in the dark on its own but it exhibits a beautiful yellow green fluorescence under UV light (black-light). This photo-chemical phenomenon produces a somewhat eerie, ethereal glow which we find fascinating.
- Our glass pieces are carefully hand-crafted items which may contain a number of lines, marks or surface features, they are an intentional result of the manufacturing process and are by design.
- Size: Approximately 68mm x 40mm across widest points
- Weight: Approximately 28g
- Uranium Glass Accessories are not toys and are NOT suitable for children
- As it is made of glass this accessory may be fragile so we recommend careful use.
- Any UV light sources shown in the photographs are not included, they are just used to demonstrate the fluorescence of the Uranium glass.