Uranium Glass Accessory
This is a beautiful handcrafted Uranium glass accessory with a subtle antique-Copper look, made with textured Copper wire and Silver soldered joints.
We like nothing better than to be in our little workshop creating things like this lovely Uranium glass accessory which could be used as a keyring, a bag charm or anything else you can think of. We especially like using Uranium glass (also known as Vaseline or Pearline glass) because it’s so unusual and beautiful. We made this piece from raw stock Uranium glass which we source from the Czech Republic; we cut and kiln-fire the pieces, in this case using a layering technique. This piece was then sand-tumbled to create a sea-glass effect.
After hand wrapping with textured Copper wire and using Silver solder for the joints to add strength, we lightly patinated the surface of the Copper giving a subtle antique effect. This process has given the Copper a real patina, it is not an artificial colourant/pigment .The Copper is not varnished and overtime the patina will change, this beautiful property of Copper means that your piece will take on individual characteristics, telling its own story of how it has been used.
- A more detailed description of Uranium Glass
- Our hand-crafted Uranium glass accessories are individual and one-of-a-kind; no two are the same.
- Uranium glass does not glow in the dark on its own but it exhibits a beautiful yellow green fluorescence under UV light (black-light). This photo-chemical phenomenon produces a somewhat eerie, ethereal glow which we find fascinating.
- Our glass pieces are carefully hand-crafted items which may contain a number of lines, marks or surface features, they are an intentional result of the manufacturing process and are by design.
- When our Uranium glass pieces have been sand-tumbled their surfaces may not have a completely homogenous frosted appearance they may have some areas smoother than others and they may have lines, dents or even small chips. This is all part of the tumbling process and indeed if they were natural sea-glass the same sort of effects would occur.
- Size: Approximately 64mm x 29mm across widest points
- Weight: Approximately 26g
- Uranium Glass Accessories are not toys and are NOT suitable for children
- As it is made of glass this accessory may be fragile so we recommend careful use.
- Any UV light sources shown in the photographs are not included, they are just used to demonstrate the fluorescence of the Uranium glass.