Sea Shell Accessory
This is a lovely sea shell accessory, hand wrapped with Nickel plated Copper wire.
We like nothing better than to be in our little workshop creating things like this lovely sea shell accessory which could be used as a keyring, a bag charm or anything else you can think of. We collect the sea shells ourselves from Cornish beaches and quaysides. We individually hand wrap each one of our shells with Copper band or Copper wire and the joints are Silver soldered to add strength and aesthetics.
For this sea shell we used a combination of patinating and Nickel plating on the textured Copper wire to create our desired effect (Nickel imparts a durable, shiny finish). The Copper is not varnished and overtime the patina will change, this beautiful property of Copper means that your piece will take on individual characteristics, telling its own story of how it has been used.
- Our hand-crafted sea shell accessories are individual and one-of-a-kind; no two are the same.
- Our sea shells may have been naturally worn by the sand and sea and have varying degrees of weathering; they are all collected by us on walks around our local beaches and quaysides in Cornwall.
- Size: Approximately 65mm x 28mm across widest points
- Weight: Approximately 21g
- These accessories are not toys and are NOT suitable for children
- This accessory may be fragile so we recommend careful use.