Nature Worn Sea Slate Accessory
This is a striking sea slate accessory, hand wrapped with textured Copper wire that has been aged and weathered.
We like nothing better than to be in our little workshop creating things like this striking sea slate accessory which could be used as a keyring, a bag charm or anything else you can think of. We collect the sea slate ourselves from Cornish beaches and quaysides. We individually hand wrap each piece with Copper band or Copper wire and the joints are Silver soldered to add strength and aesthetics.
The surface of the Copper has been patinated imparting that beautiful aged look that Copper can show, but which can take many years to form in nature. This process has given the Copper a real patina, it is not an artificial colourant/pigment. The Copper is not varnished and overtime the patina will change, this beautiful property of Copper means that your piece will take on individual characteristics, telling its own story of how it has been used. Both the sea slate and the Copper have been given a light wax which really brings out their wonderful features.
- Our hand-crafted Nature Worn Sea Slate accessories are individual and one-of-a-kind; no two are the same.
- Our sea slate pieces could be from old Cornish slate roofs and have been naturally worn by the sand and sea with varying degrees of weathering; they are all collected by us on walks around our local beaches and quaysides in Cornwall.
- Size: Approximately 60mm x 31mm across widest points
- Weight: Approximately 19g
- These accessories are not toys and are NOT suitable for children
- This accessory may be fragile so we recommend careful use.