Nature Worn Sea Slate Accessory
This is a striking sea slate accessory, hand wrapped with Nickel plated Copper band, featuring a handmade love heart motif.
We like nothing better than to be in our little workshop creating things like this striking sea slate accessory which could be used as a keyring, a bag charm or anything else you can think of. We collect the sea slate ourselves from Cornish beaches and quaysides. We individually hand wrap each piece with Copper band or Copper wire and the joints are Silver soldered to add strength and aesthetics, this piece features a handmade Copper love heart too!
We used a combination of patinating and Nickel plating on the Copper band to create our desired effect (Nickel imparts a durable, shiny finish). The Copper is not varnished and overtime the patina will change, this beautiful property of Copper means that your piece will take on individual characteristics, telling its own story of how it has been used. Both the sea slate and the Copper have been given a light wax which really brings out their wonderful features
- Our hand-crafted Nature Worn Sea Slate accessories are individual and one-of-a-kind; no two are the same.
- Our sea slate pieces could be from old Cornish slate roofs and have been naturally worn by the sand and sea with varying degrees of weathering; they are all collected by us on walks around our local beaches and quaysides in Cornwall.
- Size: Approximately 64mm x 38mm across widest points
- Weight: Approximately 31g
- These accessories are not toys and are NOT suitable for children
- This accessory may be fragile so we recommend careful use.