Nature Worn Copper Slag Accessory
This is a beautiful, chunky, nature worn Copper slag accessory, hand wrapped with Nickel plated textured Copper band and Silver soldered joints.
We like nothing better than to be in our little workshop creating things like this unusual Copper slag accessory which could be used as a keyring, a bag charm or anything else you can think of. We collect the nature worn Copper slag ourselves from Cornish beaches and quaysides, areas famous for the smelting of Copper ore in the 18th and 19th centuries; so each piece is a little bit of history!
The Copper slag pieces have been naturally worn by the sand and sea and have varying degrees of weathering and we individually hand-wrap each one with Copper wire or Copper band. For this piece we have plated the Copper band with Nickel as it imparts a durable, shiny finish.
- Our hand-crafted Nature worn Copper slag accessories are individual and one-of-a-kind; no two are the same.
- Copper slag is a by-product of the Copper ore smelting process, the pieces can range from a dark black colour through dark grey to a more copper-brown colour. Some have a glass-like appearance; some have a ropy textured surface and some appear more pitted; we did a little research and discovered these differences depend on how quickly the Copper slag was cooled
- Size: Approximately 70mm x 28mm across widest points
- Weight: Approximately 32g
- These accessories are not toys and are NOT suitable for children
- This accessory may be fragile so we recommend careful use.