Firefly Flint Glow Safety Kit MarkerFlintGlow_BG_002.jpg
The Firefly Flint Glow safety marker/survival tool has a ferrocerium flint rod which when struck with a steel blade will produce a shower of sparks for quick and reliable fire-lighting. It can also be used as an aid to finding items in dimly lit situations, such as camping/fishing/orienteering kit marking, and a thousand other things we’ll leave up to you to think of!
They are not torches so they will NOT light up the room, or give you something to sit and read by.
At the heart of every safety marker is a Swiss Trigalight™ GTLS, which is a completely self-contained power source - so they require NO batteries, neither do they need charging from sunlight or any other light source.
The Firefly Flint Glow has a clear, polycarbonate outer case on one of which side is the flint rod; inside the case is the Trigalight™ which is a laser sealed borosilicate GLASS tube.
Although quite tough the Firefly Flint Glow is NOT indestructible, the GLASS Trigalight™ inside can be broken if the Flint Glow is dropped onto a hard surface or receives a hard blow; the outer polycarbonate case may not show signs of damage even though the Flint Glow has received a blow hard enough to cause damage to the GLASS Trigalight™ inside.
Breakage of the GLASS Trigalight™ is the only thing that will cause it to suddenly stop glowing and this is NOT covered by the manufacturers warranty - so please understand that if you break the lamp we will NOT give you a refund or a replacement.
- A more detailed description of the Flint Glow
- Self-contained power source - NO batteries required, no need to charge by sunlight or any other light source.
- Integral ferrocerium flint rod
- Stainless steel split ring for secure attachment.
- The Firefly Flint Glow:
- Length: approximately 44 mm
- Width: approximately 10.5 mm
- Depth: approximately 14 mm
- The internal Trigalight™:
- Length: approximately 22.5 mm
- Diameter: approximately 3 mm
- Stainless steel split ring:
- Outer diameter: approximately 22.5 mm
Safety kit markers are not toys and are NOT suitable for children
We are unable to ship Flint Glows to France