Captured Uranium glass marble
A captured Uranium glass marble, trapped with copper that has been aged and weathered giving it that “salvaged from an ancient shipwreck look”
We like nothing better than to be in our little workshop creating things like our “captured Uranium glass marble” which could be used as a keyring, a bag charm or anything else you can think of. The marble is of a type of Uranium glass known as custard glass and has been trapped using Copper band, hand wrapped and with Silver soldered joints to add strength and aesthetics.
The surface of the Copper has been patinated imparting that beautiful aged and weathered look that Copper can show, but which can take many years to form in nature. This process has given the Copper a real patina, it is not an artificial colourant/pigment.
The Copper we use is not coated and overtime the patina will change, this beautiful property of Copper means that your piece will take on individual characteristics, telling its own story of how it has been used.
- A more detailed description of Uranium Glass
- Our hand-crafted Uranium glass accessories are individual and one-of-kind; no two are the same.
- Uranium glass does not glow in the dark on its own but it exhibits a beautiful yellow green fluorescence under UV light (black-light). This photo-chemical phenomenon produces a somewhat eerie, ethereal glow which we find fascinating.
- Size: Approximately 57mm x 27mm x 27mm across widest points
- Weight: Approximately 33g
- Uranium Glass Accessories are not toys and are NOT suitable for children
- As the marble is made of glass this accessory may be fragile so we recommend careful use.
- Any UV light sources shown in the photographs are not included, they are just used to demonstrate the fluorescence of the Uranium glass.